Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Official October Thread: General Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
That's just not a good call sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

but i was right? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I actually rebought for full stack and was going to fold then I thought it through more and thought that only hands he could do this with were Qx's, and more specifically QJ/KQ/AQ, neither of which I think would make a small pf re-raise, as he hadn't done that yet. Everything had been 3-4x 3bts...so pf I dont think he has an AQ/AK/KQ type hand...and the same goes for medium pocket pairs.

As I was debating what to do though, I was thinking if he thought I myself was on a weakish hand, or just plain missed a draw, so in his mind then the only thing he can do is to shove to push me off...he def check/calls with probably 8x and most likely 99+ if he checks riv n i bet, so really on the riv I only think I'm looking at QQ/ or boat ranges...and as he had been playing I really didn't think he'd play QQ+ like that pf, and def. didn't seem like the player to be able to value bet that sickly on the riv and expect a call from me.

He had been playing fairly careful, so I really thought this was one of those total air, or OMGIHAVEQUADS i'm all in type spots.

--

meh, just posted cause I much more comfy thinking on this level in smaller games I usually play, but w/e. HU is crazy. I've made worse calls and been right, worse calls and been wrong...I was pretty confident tho after thinking this thru that I needed to call the bet.