Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2007, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Please, Some help with \"prayers\"

[ QUOTE ]
I totally understand Fish, but I guess it's just weird that there's a job out there in a Catholic organization that doesn't mind that you're not Catholic, but yet still wants you to lead prayers.

Just seems screwy to me, LOL. I would think that if part of the job description is to lead in prayers, then they should at least want an employee to be either Catholic or religious....

But I didn't mean to make it into a 'why did you take the job', I understand your request and was just putting in my opinion that being that you work for a Catholic organization, I was thinking that the Catholic's in charge (your bosses) may not be too thrilled with prayers that don't go with their religion...but I must be off base on that assumption. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

No harm, no foul. I personally can't think of a prayer that starts without some form of opening address/salutation to the "higher being" that you all are supposed to be praying to.

Hmmm, I think I'll sit back and see what others come up with. I may just be overthinking this, those damn Catholics!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

T

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, Yes it is a bit of an interesting deal isn't it! You should have seen my friends back in WI when I told then I was going to work for a religious organization. But i guess a thing to consider is that this is not a "Church". It is mainly a school and a Non-Profit organization that happens to be a Catholic School. So while religion and "Catholic Identity" is important, it is not the biggest thing out there.

FWIW, My direct boss, who is basically the big Kauna, is not Catholic either. He is Baptist.
It is also interesting that for many of our larger gatherings/meetings there are actually three prayers to start us out. There will be the traditional Catholic prayer and then Crow and Northern Cheyenne prayers as well.