Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2007, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Dogfighting, Sports memorabilia and now genetics.

[ QUOTE ]
Yep. If cornered I would basically say that there are very likely some differences in intelligence between white people and black people, white people and asian people, men and women, and so on, but that these differences have almost zero practical application. I would also be willing to lay large odds that anyone who is using those differences to make some kind of grand point is doing it wrong, even though it should be theoretically possible to do it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about the practical applications part. Have you ever heard of MBTI? The disclaimer says that it is not to be used as a basis for job qualification (as doing so would be unethical), but that is precisely where it is the most useful and organizations that hire by type tend to be more successful (But they don't tell anybody that's what they do).

Even if someone did make the grand point in the right way, what practical use could it be? As the concept of the law stands, it is illegal to apply almost any measure to an individual to qualify them in any way (equal protection clause). The sad truth is that the knowledge would be ridiculed, the scientist blacklisted and cast out of history, and ignored by any kind of decision making process leading to public policy. So goes the pathetic commentary of human societies.