Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Being Told \"you have a problem\"

[ QUOTE ]
I also had a conversation where my friend who is a total loser who works in a supermarket as a shelf stacker on min wage said he wouldnt want to play poker, sitting in front of the computer all day as it was a pretty crappy existance.

[/ QUOTE ]
Honestly, if it paid the same, I'd rather work in a supermarket 8 hours a day than play online poker 8 hours a day (I've tried both). In a super market you at least interact with people and socialize, and in that sense the 8 hours aren't just a waste of your life (aside from the money).

[ QUOTE ]
People who dont gamble dont understand gambling on +EV propositions. They just dont get poker as a positive thing, especially the variance of the game - the times ive said i lost money that day and they forget that last time i saw them i was up a big amount is just lost on them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you discuss poker or poker winnings with people who don't play poker? I never understood why poker players do that. What is it to either of you?

Then again, I hate discussing poker even with friends who play more poker than me. It's just boring. I don't care how much he is up and I doubt he cares how much I am up (or down). Every time I hear a bad beat story I want to kill myself. Maybe it's just me.

[ QUOTE ]
Basically you have two option - explain it in full or dont explain it all. There is no middle ground.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree!