Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Would like opinions on how I played this hand

Game was 1/2 NLHE, $200 max buy in. I had amassed about $650 over many hours with the same players and woke up to KK on the button in an unraised pot. I raised to $10 and the small blind (short stack with about $80) and an UTG limper ($550) called.
The flop was K-10-9 with two hearts and it was checked to me. The small blind goes all in with his last $80 and the UTG player quickly called. I reraised all-in with top set of Kings. The UTG player moaned but called immediately with his Q-J off,a made straight,and 10 hours of winnings went down the tube in one hand. I don't really see how the outcome could have been much different no matter how I played the hand; I certainly put one or both of them on draws and I didn't think the UTG player could possibly call with a draw, and even if he does have the straight I'm about 40% to fill up, so I thought it was the best play. Both of us were playing fairly tight games at that time, and his quick call of the small blinds raise meant to me a flush draw, so I shoved to get him out. But it's hard to get a guy to fold when he holds the nuts.
Comments?