Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2007, 06:40 AM

Default Re: new more damning absolute evidence

I have been taking all of this in over the last 24 hours and I am blown away by it all, and hugely impressed by the effort you are all putting into piecing this debacle together.

In my view it every effort should be made to encourage the mainstream media to cover the story. This would force Absolute to take responsibility for what has happened. The alternative is that this whole issue will blow over with only a handful of people knowing the full magnitude of what has happened. That would be a damn shame.

The difficulty is that all the information that I have come across is embedded in threads on forums etc, and drenched in poker 'culture' and jargon. I have been playing online poker regularly for a year or so and it took me well over an hour to get a clear understanding of what has happened. The average casual poker player or non-player just won't bother.

I think the best way to encourage the recognition of the mainstream media would be for someone with a media / PR / marketing bent to put together a one or two page summary of the whole situation that is easily digestible by the layperson who may only have a passing knowledge of poker. It would summarise the main points without jargon, but not be so superficial that it would be written off as a conspiracy theory. Presentation will be key. It would provide links to all the key sources for anyone who wanted to take this further. Then this summary document can be distributed widely. When one well respected newspaper picks it up, the story will spread from there.

Another shortcut to mainstream recognition would be for a well know poker player to take up the cause.