Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: OFFICIAL NCAAF Rank\'em thread: October 14, 2007

[ QUOTE ]
Did you REALLY think, BEFORE the Florida game, that Ohio State had no defense? They had given up 12, 7 (this was Texas who averaged 36), 7, 6, 17, 7, 7, 3, 0 (Minnesota averaged 29), 10, and 10 in their first 11 games. Yes, they then gave up 39 to Michigan, who averaged 29 on the year, but prior to the Florida game I think the logical assumption would have been to think that *that* was the fluke, particularly considering that Ohio State still won the game... and that Michigan's offense was helped by three turnovers... Ohio State's defense finished the year, INCLUDING the Florida stats, #15 in rush defense, #10 in pass efficiency allowed, #12 in total defense, and #5 in scoring defense. I think Florida was the best team in the country, but I'm pretty sure that the margin of the title game was NOT indicitave of the actual talent gap between them and OSU, who I think was probably the second best team in the country.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes I REALLY thought that before the game. After the tOSU MICH game me and all my friends here were saying wow these teams can't play defense, and this was confirmed in each of their next games. Maybe it was a fluke, I don't think so though.