Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Re: protein drinks and weight gain drinks

As an ex personal trainer and bodybuilder, I would say this: I see no reason to use creatine. It does have benefits but I believe they are so minimal as to be not worth the cost/gain. I have three supplements in my house. One, protein powder, is the one I would not go without. The others are a good testosterone booster and a good postwork out drink.

That said, there a lots of good preworkout energy drinks out there. Some with creatine, some without. I prefer to just down a Monster pre workout these days but your best bet might be to experiment untill you find one that works the best for you. Its like anything else. You need to learn what works for you.

Post workout, you do need protein. I recommend at least 40 grams within 1/2 hour of weight training. You also need to hit the carbs post workout as well. Get about 50 to 60 grams of high GI (sugary) carbs with your protein. Again, there are good post workout drinks with the right ratio of protein to carbs. Otherwise, add some honey to your protein drink. The two most improtant times for carbs are upon waking and especially post workout. You need to restore those depleted glycogen stores.

Your post is a little vag about your goals which makes it hard to answer some of your questions. Feel free to post back with some specifics as to your goals and I will gladly advise you on how to get there.

I have a link to the wholesale supplement store that I order my supplements from online. But, I'm not sure what the rules of the forum are pertaining to posting external links. Let me know and I'd be glad to post it.