Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Got a bounced check from Absolute Poker

So I've been playing a fair amount of chash games on Absolute for the past 6 months. I make a regular withdrawl about every 10 days. 2 weeks ago I made a standard withdrawl of about 2.5k (via check), received the check, and deposited is as usual. This check, for whatever reason, was from a different bank then from where the checks normally come from. I thought it was odd, but I just figured they changed payment processors.

I go into my bank yesterday to withdraw some cash monies to go play, and I notice my balance is about 2500 less than it should. So I ask the teller, and they say that a recent check deposit (the 2.5k) came back "insufficient funds".

Great. So I get home and call up Absolute poker. Now keep in mind, I'm top tier VIP and all of that. They are basically rude and tell me that they will put a stop payment (laugh) on the check, and send me out a new one. I also mention that my bank charges me $12 bucks for the returned check. They proceed to tell me to send them copies of bank statements, etc... I ask them considering the inconvience, can they just add it because I'd rather not waste my time requesting bank statements, copying, faxing, etc... they say 'no' of course. Ok, fine. I'm not one to be rude on the phone to a customer service rep, so I just tell her I'm not going to waste my time, but they are losing my business for what it's worth.

This site is on a downward slope.

I find it hard to believe that I'd be the only one who's recently experienced this. Has anyone else had any returned checks recently?