Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Re: (razz) thoughts on this tournament hand

The problem with betting 6th is that I don't have a hand, and 6th almost has to have paired him for me to be ahead, and I still need a favorable river in that case. If he didn't fold 5th when my board turned all scary, I don't think he'd fold 6th.

Further, I was thinking that checking behind would induce a bluff on 7th if he does NOT have a 7, which I could pick off with 9 high, although hopefully I'll have something better. Actually I'm not sure if I could have called with 9 high.

If I bet 6th and I don't improve, aren't I committed to betting the river? That seems pretty dangerous given that if I'm not beat on 6th, I'm beat on 7th something like 1/3 of the time.

Also I think it's likely I avoided a check-raise on 6th. I probably would have check-raised with a 76 there in a cash game (not sure in a tournament, depends I guess)

I don't know. I can see the value in betting there but I already felt pretty awfully committed to the hand, had 1/3 of my chips in there. I wanted to be able to get out if things turned uglier but maybe that's a losing philosophy.