Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2007, 01:26 AM

Default Anyone else made enemies in local cards rooms?

I'm playing my normal live 2/5 nl game. I'm in the BB. It's folded around to the small blind and he calls. It's a little abnormal (chopping has pretty much become standard at the 2/5 level), but I don't mind. If he likes to play, that's certainly his right.

I win the hand and try to clarify the situation. (I'm just trying to be clear that if we didn't chop then, we are never going to chop.)

"So, you never chop?" I ask. Out of nowhere, the guy starts calling me an idiot and saying that it was a stupid question to ask because we had just played a heads-up hand. After a brief argument about manners, I put on my headphones and dismiss the guy as a bitter [censored] who's just mad that he lost the pot.

While my headphones are on, the [censored] doesn't think I can hear him and he starts telling a friend of his at the table that he has a roommate that will pay him $50 to stack me. I have no idea who the [censored]'s roommate is. (The [censored] had obviously been trying to tilt me before in an attempt to collect a some bounty that his roommate put on my head.)

I leave after another 30 minutes because I'm a little weirded out by the situation.

Yes, I play poker almost everyday and yes, I'm sure there are some people that I've won money from in the past year, but this kind of vendetta coming from someone who isn't even on my radar is new to me.

Has anyone else had this kind of thing happen to them? Is it anything to worry about?