Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Poker Stars 1Million Guarantee Jitters

Here's the deal. I'm not a tourney player. I do better during the long slow slog of ring games. Tourneys for me are too much time for too much of a long shot to get in big money the more people you get in a tournament.

So when I took second in a 200 man-satellite Frequent Player Point tournament to qualify for the Poker Stars Sunday 1 million, I was a happy, but...then I looked at the number of people involved in last week's tournament. Over 6000 people. That's freakin' crazy.

I'm going to do the tournament. I mean, it's better chances than playing the lottery and whatnot, but...

Does anyone here do these massively large MTTs on a regular basis? I mean, 6000 people is like freeroll numbers, but with a $215 ticket on the line...I know I never would personally do a tournament like this, but having earned a ticket, I figured that I might as well go for it. I was strongly considering taking the tournament credit and turning it around for more likely EV+ tourneys like STTs (for me, anyway, I can usually crash land somewhere in the money).

I could use some advise here. Any threads cover these giant yet big money tourneys?