Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: The Ultimate Leverage Investment Thread

the guarentee is simply a guarantee - you say what your stop loss is, no matter how fast it drops or how low it opens at, you have sold it at the stop loss you specified. the cost is extra spread (i have this type of account, everytime i place a trade and say the spread is +/-0.4, it'll then say 'guarenteed stop losses an extra +/-0.15; i'd need to check the proportion extra it charges).

http://www.igindex.co.uk/content/sit...anagement.html

[ QUOTE ]
You can choose to open your position as a Controlled Risk bet. This means that you specify a level at which you want your bet to be closed, should the market move against you. We then guarantee your position will be closed at this level, even if the price gaps suddenly.

There is an extra charge for this protection, in the form of a Controlled Risk premium, which is added to your opening price. Your position is closed at our standard 'buy' or 'sell' price.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am sure they must be a way to exploit this. the reason why most serious investors won't use this type of account is that you have to have the money you can lose in your account, whereas with the non-guarenteed stop loss they don't have this requirement.