Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: mandatory mental health evaluation for gun-rights supporters

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What does it matter?

[/ QUOTE ] it matters if it provides context to a statement.

[ QUOTE ]
I actually addressed this, and pvn clarified that he was merely criticizing the school's decision, which is a perfectly reasonable thing to do when a private entity does something you don't like.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I voiced why I supported the schools decision (that is, to not allow students to carry firearms) which is a perfectly reasonable thing to do when a private entity does something you find agreeable.

[ QUOTE ]
From there, the discussion turned into whether or not the state should force citizens to refrain from carrying guns.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yet I never said anything of the sort. Perhaps you assumed I was saying something I wasn't? That's not uncommon here.

[ QUOTE ]
Because the thread started by addressing something different, I can't comment on the specific topic at hand? I don't get this. That eliminates about 95% of all discussion on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ] You're welcome to comment on anything you want. I have been objecting to people mischaracterizing my statements.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, kurto, what on earth are you blabbering about? Have *I* misrepresented any of your statements? (For that matter, I don't see where anyone else has either. I think what you're observing is the natural result of your statements not holding the underlying logic that you wish they did when they are scrutinized.)

You're the one who randomly mentioned that this thread started out by talking about a private institution, and all I'm saying is "What difference does that make? Since the discussion (if I could be bold enough to actually call it that) is now about something different, why should I not comment as I see fit?"

Slow down. I'm not sure what you're on right now, but I want some.

[ QUOTE ]
Finally... you wrote-
"people [who are opposed to government gun restriction] would want college kids carrying firearms"
But you're having to add stuff to what I said which demonstrates the confusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

???

Do you disagree that what I added in brackets reflected the "people" you were referring to? It's called adding context. I changed nothing. Your words are right there. Don't blame me for adding the appropriate context. Blame yourself for saying it.

If you actually disagree with the context, then ignore the brackets and please tell me exactly which "people" you were referring to when you said:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really surpsised that people would want college kids carrying firearms.

[/ QUOTE ]

You weren't referring to people who were arguing against government restrictions?