Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: mandatory mental health evaluation for gun-rights supporters

pvn- sorry, I thought this was a serious discussion. Judging by your tact, I take it that's not possible with you.

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, are they drunk when they're in class? It hasn't been THAT long since I was in school, but we generally waited until after classes to start the HEAVY drinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

pointless blather.... nowhere did I suggest they're drunk in class. Nor is it relevent to anything I've said.

[ QUOTE ]
and you think beer = instant murder impulse

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say anything remotely like it. Wow, you really have to resort to some cheap tactics to try to make a reply don't you?

[ QUOTE ]
it seems that you'd want them to have the guns at the time they're least likely to be trashed, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, your replies seem to have no relation to anything I've said. Are you having an imaginary debate in your head?

[ QUOTE ]
If more had access... what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this part was clear? There is a correlation between youth violence and access to firearms. I believe a larger armed youth population (particularly when paired with a group with increased access and use of alcohol) will lead to more needless firearm related violence.
(yes, I believe college students are young, slightly immature and more prone to irrational and violent behaviour then adults. This is, supported by studies as well but I doubt that interests you.)

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen anyone here advocate that "everyone" be compelled to carry.

[/ QUOTE ]
Where did I say compelled. You really can't respond to someone without changing what someone said. Rathar dishonest.

I said, "Some people think that we'd be better off if everyone carried guns." That is not the same as saying everyone should be compelled to carry guns.

and, here's a quote from this thread: [ QUOTE ]
Most officers, myself included, prefer an armed public.

[/ QUOTE ]

This person in response to this thread said he prefers an armed public. Good enough for you?

[ QUOTE ]
No, your word choice is incredibly sloppy.

[/ QUOTE ] ironic, since you constantly add your own words and attribute them to other people.