Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: is FPS becoming a new trend for SMTT 2+2ers?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
guys...seems like lately there have been a lot of posts where people are trying to outplay opponents with fancy moves and bluffs...It tends not to work at low blind levels and low stakes!!!!

Value is king and focus on using reads to determine the best way to extract chips when you actually have a hand rather than trying to tell a story to a donk who could care less...

Late in tournies where chips get more value and opponents are often a little better you can start putting pressure and repping hands in spots...bottom line is people will pay you when you have the best hand...don't waste chips (unless you have a specific read) on a far fetched eloborate bluff when you are better than the competition...

That is all.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this and i always look askance at posts that preface an FPS line with "my image is...i've been playing really..." In most low stakes tournaments your opponents aren't even thinking about what cards you are holding, so why would u then assume that they have been observing and are cognizant your VPIP, or betting patterns?

[/ QUOTE ]

erc...the one area that I use my image and reads most is when I do have a big hand and I want to make the most off of it...yoou're right that most people ignore what we are reping and will decide to bull ahead