Default Re: Your Heisman Top 5

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
any top 3 WITH hart is a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Let me be clear - I have nothing against Mike Hart - he's a great player and he might be the best guy who ever lived for all I know.

But haven't I heard with regard to great players on underachieving teams for basically ever that team success is a requirement for the award except in unusual circumstances?
(Not talking about whether it should be or not - just saying it has been.) It seems to me like everyone wants to change the rules as long as it's a big, traditional program that's the underachiever instead of Marshall/Tulane/Hawaii/South Florida etc.

Didn't Michigan lose to a I-AA team at home and then get throttled by 30 at home in the next game, or did I dream that?

The Heisman winner CANNOT come from a I-A team that loses to a I-AA team. PERIOD.

[/ QUOTE ]

This loss is highly OVERRATED. Yes Michigan isn't good. But was it his fault. Also AP-State wasn't a bad I-AA team. Honestly I'm still pretty certain there have been 2 bigger upsets this year. Stanford over USC on the road and Cuse over Louisville.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, since a poster earlier said Hart single-handedly carried his team to a 14-9 victory, then yes of course that loss was his fault. Why did he decide NOT to carry his team to victory in that game, since he is obviously capable of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Hart got hurt that game. In the game he averaged 8.2 YPC and had 3 TDs. Is it his fault that D couldn't stop anyone in the O that both Ap St and Oregon ran with?

They had to put in Brandon Minor with the same o-line averaged 3.8 YPC. Michigan is very dependant on Hart without him for half the game ( 2nd Quarter about 10 minutes in to 2 minutes left in the 3rd) they lost to a good, but I-AA team.