Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2007, 09:15 AM

Default Re: Alain Silberstein

[ QUOTE ]
$75 Fossil, highly recommended. I'm pretty sure you could drop 300 million in lottery winnings on me right now and I still wouldn't spend 4+ figures on a watch

IT'S A [censored] WATCH

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine. You probably spend money on something I wouldn't. Considering I wear a watch 24/7 (except in water), I'm prepared to spend a lot of money on a nice watch. If it was something I only brought out on occasion, I wouldn't. But, considering it's practically a part of my arm, I'm happy to spend.

It's like with golf. Putting takes up approx 30-36 shots for your average player. That's almost a half of the shots. But it wasn't until about 10 years ago that people really started spending on putters. People were much more inclined to drop $3/400 on a driver, something they only use approx 12 or 14 times a round.

[ QUOTE ]
So what are your guys thoughts on replicas for those of us less baller types? That TAG replica someone posted up there looks awesome to me. If you were going to buy a replica where would you buy it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess there's nothing wrong with it. With some replicas it's hard to tell. What would I do? If I had only $150 to spend or something, I'd probably go and get myself a nice swatch watch or something before I get a replica. Again, personal preference.