Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: AJo UTG

[ QUOTE ]
I play the 100k on mansion quite a lot, and IMO very few of them are thinking players, and even fewer 2p2. if the relative stacks are ~5k i'd be open raisning stronger than 1k. probably 1.5k. if short stack is pushing his range will probably be quite wide and he's not in the best position to be doing that this hand, unless he has a monster. you can fold to a shove from another player and still remain CL.

Before it does become a crap shoot you want to be accumulating chips. AJ doesn't play too well multi way, so raising strong here i feel would be your best option. you have the HH?

also cant find a hand converter for Mansion...

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't played at Mansion much lately, but do people really fold that much more to a 3.5x raise than a 2.5x raise with 99+,AQ+? If people are tight, it's generally a good idea to raise less since you will have good FE anyway.

I'd personally be inclined to toss this PF, but I don't think raise/folding is necessarily too bad either. There's about a 4% chance that each player will pick up a hand that has you beat, so you're taking it down the requisite 2/3 of the time just about enough.

So I think raise = fold >>>>>> limp. I still think raising 2,5x is better, espec if raising 3,5x commits you to calling a push from more players.