Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Dario Minieri...I am actually impressed

I know a lot of people are not going to like what I am about to write but I feel I have to.

I never liked the guy and I thought, being Italian, he was not representing my country but he was actually making us feel a bit ridicolous with the ROMA AC scarf and the Harry Potter look.

I certainly do not judge people by their physical appearance so my dislike was mostly based on his weird/super aggro poker style and, since he always insisted that he never read a book, I came to a conclusion that this guy was just a huge gambler therefore far away to any respect a good poker student of the game deserves.

Well Yesterday I was listening at EPTLIVE coverage in Italian and Dario was the commentator, I have to say the guy is very funny, very down to earth and above all he knows the game, the latest one impressed me the most.

He came up with some very clever comments, very good analysis and always very well explained, he has a strategy behind, he is a huge superaggro but he is not the gambler he wants others to believe.

Bottom line: I am Italian, I still do not think he is the looks alike typical Italian young macho and the ROMA scarf is ridicolous but wasn't Greg Raymer ridicolous with the funny sunglasses? Or Chris Fergusson with the hat? They were al wearing that before winning...I definitely now respect Dario as a poker player.