Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2007, 12:29 PM

Default My roommate...

Well, I'm not really a big fan of my roommate. I don't know what it is exactly, it's just something about him. He's just kind of lame.

Anyways, in addition to being lame, the guy is a REALLY loud sleeper. I guess he's sick a lot, so he's up at night sniffling and blowing his nose and everything else that comes with it. Also, he moves around a lot and it's hard to sleep in the same room as him sometimes. Last night, about 3:15, he started SCREAMING "HELP! HELP!" Woke me up and scared me shitless. Just a nightmare though, I don't really blame him for that.

So, what are my options here? There's a pretty big overflow at my school, lots of students with nowhere to live. I'm thinking that if I say he's just too damn loud at night, that will give me the best chance to switch roommates. Should I say anything to him about it? I mean, it's not like he can really do anything about it, it's just the way he is. Is it ok to just mention it, let him know I want to change rooms because I have trouble sleeping, before I talk to my RA or whoever? It's not like we can really sit down and discuss it, like he's just leaving the room messy or eating all my food or something like that. I don't expect him to sleep more quietly.

Any input is appreciated.