Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Hottest?
Anahit 4 1.41%
Erica 124 43.66%
Jennifer 57 20.07%
JJ 10 3.52%
Kelli 14 4.93%
Vanessa 75 26.41%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Turning Hand Up Headup = Unethical?

I was playing $1/2 NLHE and at the river I had an Ace hi flush on a paired board. I checked the flush and the LP player moved all-in. I agonized for a while and I turned my hand up. I got the feeling from my opponent he did not like what he saw, so I called, and beat his straight.

After shoving the chips to me. the dealer warned me that 'some dealers' would DQ me from the pot and I shouldn't do that because it takes away from the 'integrity of the game'. In addition she said it was an underhanded way to get a read on your opponent. My reaction was 'WTF?'. Later I talked to one dealer who I have a lot of respect for and he said their mgmt does not like that sort of thing and they are trying to discourage it. Still not satisfied I talked to one of the floor supervisors and he said they consider it a form of angle shooting and that the floormen were unanimous in that opinion. I said to him that Doyle Brunson even said this was a good tactic to do in his book SuperSystem and that Doyle is known world-wide as a ethical player. The floorman's response was that Doyle played in a lot of private games where this was not an issue.... I chose not to argue with him anymore. Being in my B&M rookie season, I would like to know your opinion on this. Please answer the following poll....