Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2007, 09:35 PM

Default General question on number of hand stats and \"running bad\"

This might be the wrong forum but while looking at the micro limit section of limit hold em section I saw the following phrase:

[ QUOTE ]
Btw, 10k hands of running bad is nothing, even for great players. If you're a mediocre player, you can expect much worse.

[/ QUOTE ] .

Can someone explain this me? Obviously we have no idea how "running bad" he really was and I understand that you usually start really bad in the beginning but still. Is their any kind of judge on this? I mean if he was down $500 in 10K hands does it go from nothing to problem.

I guess my point to this confusing thread is because my pokertracker stats for limit poker at .50/$1/$2/$4 levels for over 38K hands is down $735. And it isn't like 75% percent was in the first 3 months either. Pretty consistent over time. Now in my world that means I am pretty awful. I know you are supposed to ignore results and focus more on your play but that is kind of a hard thing to do in a game that involves making or losing money.

Thanks and if this thread needs to be moved please do [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]