Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2007, 03:33 AM

Default Am I doing alright?

I've been playing at .04/.08 limit for more than 4 hours total today. In the first hour I think I got lucky or found a table with lots of bad players and I went in with 2$ and left with 10$. But after that my profit hasn't even been close so let's not count that.

Overall, not counting that 1 lucky streak I had, over 4 hours I think I made around 4$ profit, at .04/.08. What does this mean for me? Am I actually doing pretty good, and does this mean that I'll do just as good in the higher stake tables such as .25/.5 and .5/.1? Or are the players there dramatically different/better?

Also, I'd like to know what b/f means. Bet/fold? That's what I figured but.. how does that make sense? Why would you make a choice between betting and folding, if you want to fold then that means you have bad cards so why would you bet..

Also 1 more question of this scenario that's been popping up this whole day

I get dealt 66, 3 or so people call, I call. The flop is something like K 8 10. Someone bets. Do I fold? According to pot odds I would need 22:1 to continue, and obviously the pot odds are almost never that high so I've been folding those every time.

Also, I get dealt A6, 3 or so people call again, I call. The flop is Q J 8. Someone bets. Do I fold here as well? Usually, I also fold because I would need 14.3:1 to continue and pot odds are never that high on the 1st bet.

Anyways I'm surprised I actually actually made profit today, yesterday was my 1st day and it was horrible because I played too many hands and called to showdown too many times. I played a lot more tightly today, but if anyone could give me critque to improve my play i'd very much appreciate it