Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2007, 06:44 AM

Default Re: Playing Professional, Tunica.

I've been reading this forum for years and never posted. I was searching while I can't sleep and stumpled across this post, which is so unfathomably stupid I couldn't resist.

If you want honest advice, read all the recommended books and consistently win at NL25 online first. Also get in some live poker, even if it's it poker night at a bar, to learn how to read people.

When I graduated college, I worked an internship and saved up some money. I thought I'd try playing poker professionally as I saw myself as a math and side game genuis. I grinded out a few hundred a week for a couple months before going broke. Several years later I'm now reasonably successful. I'm still a math genuis, but now I know I have holes in my game. The point is that the more you know, the more you don't know. That being said, it sounds like you're a horrible poker player. If you're holding the nuts at a table with insta-callers, why are you raising 3x the blinds? Why not just push all-in and run it? Honestly, if you can't figure out that you have to play the opponents in front of you and not the weak-passive fish you wish to, you're probably a lost cause.