Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Home Game - Argument gets started

the fact that they called you and tried to get the money back shows that they had an argument about it and see you in a different light now too.

IMHO, give her back the $10, and never invite them to play poker again, it's pretty simple. I've had similar situations in home games, if someone is going to get butthurt about a $10 buyin and protest it after the fact they're not the kind of people you want to gamble with. It doesn't mean you can't be friends, in fact I think doing this and never playing poker with them is about the only way to save the friendship.

This is a tough spot because to give the $10 back would be somewhat admitting that they are right, so what I would do is say listen, that's not how poker works, you can't protest a result days later, but since you are still learning and new to the game, here's your $10 back, and I'd prefer if you didn't bring the big bleeding vagina to future games.

It's sad and disgusting how money effects certain people, but that's reality. Some people just can't play poker for money without pulling something like this, or holding a grudge, or something worse like trying to cheat next time.