Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Apparently songs are worth $9250 each...Dumb Jury

[ QUOTE ]
Why is entitlement relevant to a claim about whether or not piracy hurts musicians finanically? I mean, I can say the RICO act hurt the profits of gansters without implying that I feel gangsters are entitled to that money, cant I?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah that's true. What I'm trying to get at is that perhaps laws against sharing music are harming everyone else, and that repealing these laws isn't harming the RIAA, it's just removing the unfair treatment they were given in the first place.
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, you seem pretty against intellectual property, so, Ill ask you: should all IP laws, including stuff that protects drug inventors from having ripoffs being sold immediately, be repealed?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know. I havn't delved into the issue of drug companies and patents much. One doesn't have to be against all types of IP to be against laws against music sharing.

I just think the idea of listening to a song you got for free from someone else being a punishable offense is ridiculous, and I don't think artists (more acurately in todays world to be some large corporation) are entitled to income from their music.