Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Belragazo, Fossilman controversy during WCOOP

Hello everybody,

To sum up,
First of all, I would like to apologize to all of you. I think my behavior was excessive and I did not want to hurt anybody.
It was very early in the morning 8 Am and I was extremely tired when the controversy happenned about my 'Kill him'.

Second of all, Greg is a really good player. There was a misunderstanding. Even if i appreciated al lot 'zigi' or 'robroy', for me there was only one man on table: Fossilman.
I did say that I was happy that Greg was out because I felt that I was scared of him and that it made me hesitate to play in situations I would usually win the hands (please ref hands below)
In other words, it was a compliment, even though the words chosen were not the right ones. Do not forget I am a French man and I am a competitor, I also used this sentence:
"i still have u in target". Then I prefer metaphorically say "kill him" than "get him out of the table".
I didn't explain me during the game because i didn't want to loose my concentration (that's what happened when i lost few minutes later at 9am, ready to go to work).

Third of all, there is no controversy about Greg's luck. Here is the hand: Belragazo K K , Fossilman Jc Tc . with 3h Jd 5c on Flop. 2s Turn, Td River
When you look closely at this hand, There are several reasons why Greg did play this way.

I did make a huge reraise PreFlop, then FossilMan commented, "I'm luckier" and called.
On the flop, i play a classic Check-Raise where the opponent has been trapped by making a big bet. he felt obligated to keep raising after his previous comment.
Here is my big mistake: Online u are so happy that u play a fast Raise.
I had to wait some seconds to let him realise: "You are out if you make that call.
But the whole action took place in 2 secs. i made a big Mistake by playing fast. Because better catch half his chips than loosing on a bad beat.

He got his classic 2nd pair on river.
"I was Fair Play, i just commented 'Indeed' after this bad beat.
I never Insulted him here or later.

If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them on this forum and also discuss with Greg about it. I can also show some of my hands if people would like to see them.

Belragazo (Paris)

below some of the hands i felt frustrated to loose against Fossilman:

Hand # 298
Belragazo: Jd 9d / FossilMan: 3s 4h / Jozoov : Td As
preflop: Jozoov: raises 1780 to 2980 , belragazo: calls, FossilMan: calls
FLOP: Ts 3c Qd FossilMan: checks, Jozoov: checks, belragazo: checks
TURN: 7h FossilMan: checks, Jozoov: checks, belragazo: bets 6000, FossilMan: calls, Jozoov: calls 6000"
RIVER: 6d FossilMan: checks, Jozoov: checks, belragazo: checks
Jozoov showed [Td As] and won (29040) with a pair of Tens

Comments: "If Fossilman was not Involved in this hand i would have made a strong bet on the flop, and Jozoov would have probably folded"

Hand # 299

Belragazo: Ah Qd / FossilMan: 4s 6d / RAYNEE
PREFLOP: RAYNEE: raises 3600 , belragazo: calls, FossilMan: calls 3600
FLOP: Js 3h Th RAYNEE: checks, belragazo: checks, FossilMan: checks
TURN: 4c RAYNEE: checks, belragazo: checks, FossilMan: bets 7200, RAYNEE: folds, belragazo: calls 7200
RIVER: 3s belragazo: checks, FossilMan: checks
FossilMan (button) showed [4s 6d] and won (27900) with two pair, Fours and Threes

comments: "Sick"

Hand # 377

Belragazo(button): 9h 9c / FossilMan(big blind 2000): 7s Ad

PREFLOP: belragazo: raises 4003 to 6003, FossilMan: calls 4003
FLOP: Js Ac 5h FossilMan: checks, belragazo: bets 6321
TURN: Th FossilMan: checks, belragazo: checks
RIVER: 3d FossilMan: checks, belragazo: checks
FossilMan (big blind) showed [7s Ad] and won (27448) with a pair of Aces

comments: " This hand really upseted me, how does he always catch his hand?"

"belragazo: raises 4003 to 6003
FossilMan: calls 4003" Js Ac 5h Th 3d "FossilMan: checks
belragazo: bets 6321 " "FossilMan: checks
belragazo: checks "

Hand # 478

Belragazo: Qh Kd / FossilMan(156966 in chips): 8h 8s / nolberto (241904 in chips): Jd Js

PREFLOP: belragazo: raises 9000 to 15000, FossilMan: raises 141366 to 156366 and is all-in, nolberto: raises 84938 to 241304 and is all-in
belragazo said, "kill him"
FLOP: 4c 9s 2d
TURN: 6h
RIVER: 5h
belragazo said, "yes!!!!!!"

comments: "Did i show my happiness?"