Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2007, 09:24 AM

Default beginners questions

I've been playing SH limit for 1½ month now and I play at $2/$4. Before that I played full ring limit hold'em at microstakes. I have a couple of questions:
<ul type="square">[*]Why do most players not play at crypto? I used to play at party, but I switched to crypto because of their generous bonusses and rakeback. I noticed that unfortunately the games are tighter here and the rake is higher. It seems to me that most 2+2 members play on stars, full tilt or absolute. But I heard that the games are tight on stars and full tilt. These sites offer a rakeback around 30% and absolute has an additional sign up bonus. Would you recommend me to switch to absolute?
[*]Does limit hold'em have a future? Some limit people are complaining that years ago it was much easier to make money in SH limit hold'em, that the game dried up. So why do they still play it? For an expirienced, specialized limit player a switch to no-limit may be difficult (assuming that they keep playing at the same stakes). But for a starter like me, it may be a wise thing to start playing no-limit.
[*]What literature do you recommend? Of course the posts on this forum are useful. But sometimes it's difficult to find the information you need. I'm planning to read Stox' book and watch his videos. But maybe Terry Borers "Limit Hold'em: Winning Short-handed Strategies" is a better start? I studied a PDF about shorthanded play ( http://www.ccs00.com/stuff/shorthanded.pdf ), but I wonder if all the info in here is still valid nowadays?[/list]Any answers or comments are welcome. I will soon post some hands.