Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: What do you do at the tables?

[ QUOTE ]
I enjoy a chat now and again but the ipod is the way to go for me. I put the volume at just the right level to kill the background noise and can realy concentrate on the action.

This works best when I am not in the hand because that is when most chit chat will happen. If you only pay attention when you are in a hand you will miss 2/3 of what is happening.

I did even better last weekend when I bought the bose headset that goes over your ears. Not only is it great sound but you can crank it up so you can't hear the drunk next to you or the childish banter at the table when AA is cracked by 63o for a big pot. I hate unwanted poker lessons.

For those really long cold streaks you can even listen to a comedy album or book on cd. This is how I get passed having 72o for two hours without killing the dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wouldn't like me, but I purposely bug/harass/engage anyone with an ipod or other noise blocking device. I hate sitting next to someone incapable of conversation, I know it irritates them to have to engage in conversation, ipod wearers are action killers which is death at limit holdem, and its funny as hell to see the pained expressions they make when they have to remove their earpieces every few minutes to listen to my inane banter.