Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: X-Post from NVG: WCOOP ME champion is play2kill (Multi-Accounting)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kinda surprised that Funki would say that re material possessions and self worth; I always thought he was one of the smartest posters on the forum. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and the chance to explain himself, because by that logic I should have just killed myself three years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being broke is a great reason to kill oneself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if your serious or not, but if you are, that is one of the dumbest comments I've read on these forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

You see more bums killing themselves or dying due to self-destructive behavior or billionaires on yachts?

I don't have any stats on me free-hand but I am pretty sure they have a higher suicide rate so apparently then the world would agree with me. If you are broke, you can't do anything you want, and all your resources immediately go to food/shelter (Maslow's heirarchy of needs ftw!) Then you can't enjoy life.

Money makes the world go round and more people have killed and died for money than anything else. Whether or not Nath feels he is above this because he has such supreme ethics doesn't make it not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really not arguing that tons of people do kill themselves because they are broke. It probably is the top reason why. I think it is just dumb that you say it is a "great reason". There is no great reason to kill yourself. There really is no reason at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely wrong. Consider your life's happiness in the + or in the -. If you are happy than you are in the +, if you are unhappy then you are in the -. We'll just assume that you can't be exactly neutral happiness/sad. If you are more unhappy than you are happy, and you have no hopes or ability for future happiness, you would have to be insane to not kill yourself! Why would anyone want to keep on doing something if that something makes you miserable? As at least having some money is essential to pretty much having any sort of "happiness" in the world today, yes I think if you are broke, and the future isn't looking up, suicide seems like a great option.