Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: What members of the mainstream sports media don\'t suck?

[ QUOTE ]
Um hello, Ernie Johnson? Inside the NBA wins Emmys and according to Wiki, some consider it the best studio show on television.

Mike and the Dog, Joe Benigno.

Sports Guy blows, I don't think anyone has mentioned him though anyway. If you actually know anything about what he's talking about you realize he's a moron. This shows when he says anything about poker, and he has my roommate constantly spouting off about "The Ewing Effect" (teams are often better after a long-time franchise player/star finally leaves, based obviously on Patrick Ewing) even though my roommate knows nothing about basketball. Knicks were better with Ewing and it isn't debatable, just take a quick glance at what they did when he was hurt and after he left Simmons you [censored] douchebag.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hate to turn this into a lol bill simmons thread but here are some gems from his last article.

With the way October baseball works in the 21st century -- three rounds and 19 possible games over four weeks -- an extraordinary reliever might be the single greatest asset for any team

(Wait, why am I giving advice to the Yankees? Um, forget everything I just wrote -- they should make Joba a starter! Who needs closers? They're a dime a dozen!)

"Plate patience is one of those things that only works if everyone is doing it"