Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Start of next hand ends Floor obligation?

This happened last night at Argosy in Indiana. I wasn't at the table but was overhearing this from an adjacent table.

Floor shows up to a lot of commotion at the O8 table (might have been HOSE -- it started that way but either way this hand was apparently O8). Floor manages to silence the table and by this time has the attention of the whole room -- he announced that "none of this arguing matters because once the first card has been dealt for a hand he wasn't allowed to do anything about any previous hand". Then he tried to walk away without even hearing the argument.

In all the discussion I've read I don't recall ever hearing this kind of "policy"? Is this standard?

FWIW, the complainant wouldn't let it drop so more details emerged -- it appeared that the pot was initially split between high and low and as the dealer pushed the pot the high winner recognized he had tied with the same low and should've received 3/4ths of the pot. He was adamant that he made this observation and statement very clearly as he was receiving only 1/2 the pot. I have no clue how they got on into the next hand before the floor showed up.