Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Countering a Light 3Bettor (200nl 5m)

Villain is 26/20/2.8 over 400 hands. I have a note on him being a very light 3b'er (previously caught him 3bing me with 33 outof the blinds)

We havent tangled for a long time.

Full stacked and I open $8 OTB w/ J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and he 3b's me to $26 from the BB.

I decide this is a time to put in a counter, think about simply 4bing but I instead call, looking to hopefully bluff or float post flop.

Flop Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($54)

Villain leads $35, this doesnt look like a great flop to bluff raise, as I would do that with draws but likely only flat with a Q or kk/aa. So I flat call.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($124)

Villain checks... I was planning to make a stab on the turn no matter what but have now picked up a FD... However I dont want to change my plan and check behind cos his range is still super wide and I should have a good chance to pick up this pot with a bet here...

So I opt to bet $72 of my $144 stack into the $124 pot and have to reluctently call if he crai on me.

Thoughts?