Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2007, 04:37 AM

Default Overlimping frequently in loose-passive games/ optimal ???

As of late, I have notice the NL100 games ive been playing in extraordinarly passive, with many unraised pots w/ 6+ seeing a flop. My strategy has consisted of limping behind all these limpers with all kinds of holdings, mainly suited connectors, suited gappers, and small-medium PP's. My question: Is this a correct adjustment to be making? Very rarely does the pot get raised behind me when i do this, therefore making them, IMO, reasonable calls. However, I'm wondering if raising the marginal holdings (89s, J9s, 22+ 88)would be better all around or just something to incorporate every once in a while in position. It appears to be low variance/low risk-high reward calling in the situations, however PT stats during these sessions would imply that i am an ultra-fish, as at first glance it would appear that i am playing way too many hands and not raising enough. I'm not the type to get hung up on stats (or am I?), just trying to get some different perspective. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks