Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2007, 04:23 AM

Default Exploiting 3bets deepstacked theory

This spot came up today which I thought was interesting. Normally I hate those hands where Hero's hole cards are hidden, but I think it is good here.

Button and BB are both solid tags in the 21/17 range, and this is the first time BB has 3bet me. My image is pretty aggressive due to being in a few 4bet pots on this particular table.

Anyways, BB's range is likely pretty wide here. Not only is a lot of mediocre hands in his range, but also he pretty much has to fold AK/QQ/JJ, right? He probably isn't even thrilled about being 4bet this deep with KK.

Considering how much of his range I'm folding out, I should pretty much be 4betting this a ton and in similar spots with deep stacks right? If you're BB in this hand, how light are you getting it in after being 4bet like this with 200bbs against an aggressive TAG? If you're not folding stuff like QQ/JJ, are you shoving or flat calling?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

<font color="#C00000">BB ($1125.61)</font>
UTG ($394)
MP ($257.45)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($842.40)</font>
Button ($314.90)
SB ($506)

Preflop: Hero is CO with ?[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], ?[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, Button calls $16, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $72</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $180</font>, Button folds, BB ???