Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Hand from Borgata WPT

Reading the thread I immediately thought "okay, he raised preflop while we thought he had a huge hand, checked the flop and just called the turn on the worst board ever for our bottom set, but didn't get upset when he 'mistakenly' raised."

As soon as you said the key was that he didn't get upset, I definitely disagreed that he didn't have a monster. I see this line from a huge hand too much, and it's really one of the easiest betting patterns to see through. Like you said, the only thing is that AK is in his range but it is likely a smaller part of his range, as is TT.

Honestly my instincts when I was reading the hands told me that he had AA/KK pretty much always but that could just be because you posted the hand with a ton of mystery and I was looking for things that weren't there. But at the same time, this line is pretty seethrough, it's just [censored] hard to fold a set live.

His description followed by the way you told the hand tells me he has a monster pretty much always unless he's making a horrid turn call with QQ, and it really sucks that I couldn't make these judgment calls in a post before you posted the answer/solutions because I was finding it very interesting.

My line, check/call the river if you think he has AK a lot because we know all hands in his range are strong enough to bet the river when checked to unless you think you have a read strong enough to check/fold.

In my opinion if he bets the river very strongly you can fold because I see very few people check the flop with AK unless they are huge clowns.