Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2007, 09:27 AM

Default Re: If you can afford to buy a house/condo should you do it to avoid r

[ QUOTE ]
Umm... I just did respond with facts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really but we'll get to that.

[ QUOTE ]

You've made several incorrect generalizations previously about real estate in general and are continuing with this trend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Examples? It's ironic that you claim I make such generalizations while acting like a complete shill parroting NAR bullet points.

[ QUOTE ]

You listed a ton of major metropolitan areas that would be easily recognized as non-qualifiers. I then specified the gulf coast

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually no I believe the complete content of your post was

[ QUOTE ]

Gulf?

[/ QUOTE ]

I somehow failed to parse that into the discussed zips and supporting data. My bad.

[ QUOTE ]

but since you want more specifics since I assume you have a wealth of real estate research tools at your finger tips to accurately gauge these things. You can check out Ono Island and Silverhill, both in AL. Maybe a decade ago v today?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what you come up with to justify the statement:

[ QUOTE ]

Some markets have been almost completely flat with normal 1-3% appreciation over the last decade, while other places have boomed. Frequently these places are within 50 miles of each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Silverhill with a population of 616 people vs. a moderately well known private resort community and still no actual data, not like with a population of 616 that it would mean dick?

Glad I didn't hold my breath.

J