Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2007, 08:53 PM

Default 2 hands from $500 live tourney

Seeking views on a couple of key decisions from a recent tourney. Played 9 handed with 5000 starting chips and a 45 minute clock. 80 runner field is made up of mainly average to good recreational players with a few low level pro's thrown into the mix

Hand 1 - Blinds 50 - 100

Scenario I have built up my stack to 6800 without any undue drama and the table is playing generally tight, raises are getting called but there has been very little preflop reraising.

I decide to take advantage by trying to steal a few blinds from any position and raise to 300 with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] from UTG+2. This my 1st real move of the tourney I have not been overly aggressive so my image is pretty solid. The player to my left (very solid journeyman pro who is mainly a cash game player) reraises for another 500. He has another 2500 in front of him. I know he has a hand I would'nt put him on a pair less than QQ or AK. All fold back to me, now what ?

Hand 2

Blinds 100 200 I have 8800 chips which is a little bit above average.

UTG 5000 limps this player is pretty passive preflop and will limp in from early position with anything from 65 off suit through to AA and will call a raise with pretty much anything.

I have 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and limp on the button. The SB 7000 chips (solid citizen) calls and the BB 12000 chips long standing pro checks.

Flop T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets 600 BB and UTG call. Action with me now what ?