Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2007, 02:55 PM

Default A challenge from a long time ago.

When one of the poker sites was starting up, they offered anyone who would sign up for an account $50.

I think one of the old posters here, Mike Haven, organized a challenge where you took the $50, and play .50/1.00 until you won 50 big bets. Then you moved up to 1-2. Everytime you won 50 big bets, you moved up. If you lost 25 big bets at any level, then you moved down until you had won 50 big bets again.

Some posters made it from .50/1.00 up to 15/30 and never looked back. Anyway, the 15 big bet challenge last month, was one where volatility was probably going to make it so almost everyone would fail.

I thought that I would try this this month on one of the tables I was playing, and see how far I could go. Right now, I'm up 4 big bets at .50/1.00.

Maybe if you are primarily a shorthanded player, you could double the bankroll requirements and start with 100, and move up when you win 100 and move down when you lose 50.

Oh, I just won a pot, now I am up 8 BBs.