Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Florida To Get Blackjack and More

IMHO........

Regardless of what happens with the compact, the seminoles will interpret the actual legislation to mean "required buyin not to exceed $100".......you guys remember the wording? It sounded like the min buyin....besides they already have an $1100 Big Slick tourney which is not in compliance with current state law.....they were running that pre 7/1 ..... so IMHO....if they feel they are getting jerked around to long, they will push the envelope again with higher buyins......wishful thinking??? Opinions??

Of cousre this can never make up for the revenue they would generate with table games.....

My thoughts are changing re: Seminoles .... I think the Governor needs to be careful that he doesn't screw the parimutuals and future gambling interests in the state...

The thing that pisses me off the most is that the Florida Lottery is the biggest joke of all......How many people that don't have a pot to piss in throw their money away on that nonsense every day?? Also, how many of the Anti-Gambling people are tossing their money at the Lottery every day.........supporting education my ass!! They don't even have enough books for the kids to take them home in public school.....

Sorry about rambling, scattered thoughts....... [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]