Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2007, 08:44 AM

Default Re: help me pick a place, ill go (and trip report it)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Door County, WI.

[/ QUOTE ]

i used to live in northern wisconsin, now las vegas, and have traveled tons and tons of places in america, and i can say by far and away, if you want a place to go relax, chill out and just hang, WI is def. the place to do it. Door County can be tough because there are lots of tourists all the time, but check it out anyway. or the Hayward, WI area, thousands of lakes/ cabin areas etc.

My personal pick though would be Duluth, MN. once you get north of Duluth, on the scenic hi-way on the road up to Canada, it's just a beautiful road for 100+ miles with changing leaves and nice, cool weather. there are tons of places you can just stop for a night, get a private cabin and be alone. or head down to Duluth, and eat out overlooking Lake Superior.

there's a really nice hiking spot called Gooseberry Falls just north of Duluth that's a perfect place to get some exercise w/ a nice view.

I seriously recommend checking it out, especially this time of year. be careful though, last time i was up there, i hit a wolf. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is what I'm talking about. This is where I grew up and whenever I go back to visit, it's completely relaxing.

Add the Apostle Islands to the list. Or maybe Isle Royale.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Minnesota on Superior is awesome!