View Poll Results: TE
A. Gates 16 80.00%
M. Colston 4 20.00%
L. Smith 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2007, 03:31 PM

Default cardrunner HU hand by GP - wtf?

i decided to watch his latest video cuz i'm bored as all hell, watched it for like 20 minutes then got bored and just started skipping through. after like 10 minutes or something, the first guy he's playing gets up and a new guy, TaiwanStyle, sits down at his FTP 5/10 HU table.

GP talks about how he likes to have a solid image at the beginning of a heads up match and he doesn't get out of line very much, and basically abides by that, but taiwanstyle is playing back at him pretty hard. he gets 3-bet often, he has 4-bet i think twice over GP's 3-bets, he feels like he gets checkraised a lot and his checkraises are not getting respect (and once got 3-bet over). basically, the guy is running him over but he insists on playing solidly and not getting out of line because he says that he thinks that his opponent EXPECTS him to get out of line, so getting out of line would be the worst thing he could now do to adapt. he is winning very few pots, and he has been checking to taiwanstyle a lot, and has been i guess surprised that taiwanstyle has been betting most of the time when he expects him to check back. one example would be a hand where taiwanstyle opens, GP repops with Q9h. taiwan calls, as he often does, and flop comes J84cc. GP decides to delay continuation bet and checks. taiwan bets 150 into 200, GP thinks about it for a while and then folds cuz his time bank is too low.

then comes this hand about 50 minutes in, stacks are about 1.7k to GP's 1k. TaiwanStyle raises to 30 on the button, GP calls K9o in the bb. flop comes K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. taiwan bets 45 into the 60 pot, and then GP checkraises to 135 after timing down a little. taiwan thinks for a few seconds and then calls. turn comes 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. GP thinks for a while and then checks. taiwan checks back fairly quickly. river comes J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] after mulling over a bit and complaining about what a bad spot it is, he bets 190 as a "blocking bet". pot is 340 before he bets. taiwan thinks for about 10 seconds, and then shoves all in. 700 to GP into a 1420 pot.

K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

GP mumbles and folds, saying he played the hand poorly.

i'd snapcall this river. who's with me?