Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2007, 11:17 AM

Default To flip or not to flip NLCASH

I am newly starting HU as I wanted to put myself in more marginal situations post-flop. I am a winning player at 400NL 6-max and starting 100NL HU. I played a bit of 50NL HU, but I didn't find any thing I can learn from my opponents. Expectedly, 100NL is more aggressive and my opponents have a clue. One of the guys really got to me primarily because he was ready to call any all-ins on the flop with any draw including flush draw. I was clearly ahead with TPGK both the times and lost. I tilted off another stack to him before quitting. I was thinking about it and realized that it was a near flip or 55/45 against his draws. How do you play against such opponents? He was decent, but I was slowly chipping away otherwise.

I'll give you a simple scenario. I raise 3x with KQo, get called. Flop Q69 rainbow. I bet, he raises. I know he has a draw. I push, he calls with 78 and hits. Same story. I have J7 and flop comes JXX to clubs. I bet, he pushes, I call. He rivers a flush after calling with A7 clubs. Both cases, I am ahead, but only by a slight margin. He probably had enough equity.

Now, my questions is: Is it better to see the turn and river? Check/fold if he hits? How do you guys play against such players who are going to increase your variance? Ride the luck wave?