Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2007, 10:49 PM

Default First car thread results (LC)

First I want to say thanks very much for everyone that contributed in my thread.

It took almost a month (feels like a lot longer) but I finally got my car today. At least 3 diff times I was dead set on a certain car, but then things fizzled when the test drive didn't fit my needs or the dealership guy lied to me.

After making a few diff trips today I stumbled upon the greatest car ever, and there was no compromise. It fit perfectly with my budget and all the suggestions here, as well as other advice I got.

I got a black 2004 BMW coupe 330 cI with only 11k miles and got it for $5,000 less than it's market retail dealership value! Also got a great warrantee on it, clean CarFax report, and got it stocked with all the cool options :O

My stepdad also owned a beemer so I always knew the feel of a BMW car was great, and this car was no exception.

Here are some pictures:

I guess what I have learned out of this is that if you're young, and financially responsible, by all means go out and make a balla purchase.

But look around and be tedious! Up until yesterday I was still unsure what car I wanted. I guess the idea is to go to lots of dealerships and test drive lots of cars imo, its something where internet research can help but it all boils down to trying lots of cars in the hopes that you think one really kicks ass.

And also never settling with dealer bullsh*t, being willing to walk out. There are millions of cars for sale in the country, and there was no reason I should buy any car until I found the car that I loved. And if I still couldn't find it, then buy cheap.

Anyways I got lucky (yet again I run good). Thanks again for all the help all. Feel free to close this thread in a couple of days as it really isn't a productive one for EDF but I figured it was a better idea than posting results in my 230-reply thread.