Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2007, 04:33 PM

Default NL10 88/99 overpair question. Have a general problem here.

Again, advice needed, all comments welcome, and thank you very much in advance!

Ok, I have a real problem with 88 and 99. This problem comes up when these hands make an overpair to the flop, and the opponent is an o.k. player, capable of folding, of calling/raising c-bets simply because they are c-bets, and also capable of firing a second barrel when a c-bet did not result in a fold. In other words, people where it takes some time and investment to figure out where I stand. Itīs kindof embarassing, but I am loosing money with 88 and 99, while BOTH the smaller and the bigger pocket pairs are good, with the one exeption of 33 - but that might be variance, as all the other small pairs do not show negative results.

So hereīs two hands.
Whatīs your line here? How do you react and how far do you go, should he play strong, or stubborn respectivly?

<u>Reads:</u> Both villains are of the kind described above.

<font color="purple"> Hand #1 </font>

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $9.00
BB: $3.30
Hero (UTG): $10.55
UTG+1: $9.70
MP1: $19.35
MP2: $9.00
MP3: $10.30
CO: $9.00
BTN: $19.40

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9 Players)
Hero calls $0.10, 6 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $0.40</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $0.30

<font color="blue"> I might add that I normaly raise 88. Here, I was under the impression that there were quite some bad players at the table, and I was looking for a multiway pot, hoping for a set. </font>

Flop: ($0.90) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.70</font>, Hero ???

<font color="blue"> Now I limped, he raised. But he will sometimes (semi-)bluff bet into a raiser as well, so if you would also have some comments about a "I raise, he calls"-scenario, it would be greatly apreciated.</font>

<font color="purple"> Hand #2 </font>

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $4.75
BB: $14.20
UTG: $7.50
Hero (UTG+1): $10.00
MP1: $9.85
MP2: $10.30
MP3: $12.90
CO: $1.70
BTN: $5.45

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, 6 folds, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.40</font>, Hero???