Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Tournament Post-Mortem Analysis

Greetings...As a chess player moving over to poker, one of the biggest differences I have noticed, and am struggling with, is post-mortem analysis.

In chess, my opponent and I often review the game move by move, telling each other the thought processes behind moves during critical moments in the game. In poker, your opponents do not finish at the same time, so there is no analysis with players you played against.

I am then left to doing the analysis on my own. I do have Poker Tracker to record my hands, but I am not sure how to sort them. I also have no firm idea on how my opponents view me, my style of play, how they adjust to my style of play, improvements that can be made, etc.

My first question what is the best way to do analysis? I have seen threads where people share a few of their hands. I shy away from those because I'm not confident in my analysis of my own hands. How could I analyze somebody else's hands.

The second question I have is how can I use Poker Tracker to sort out hands where the post-flop play can be analyzed? PT didn't come with an instruction manual. I have yet to see one on their site. Here I have seen a few threads regarding specific situations. I am hoping to find a broader series of analysis ideas that can be aided by PT.

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.