Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2007, 09:31 AM

Default Re: What Are Your Early Poker Memories?

[ QUOTE ]
When I was 7 I moved to a new school. The first recess break I went outside and saw many of the boys playing this marble game where one guy would put a marble against the wall, draw a line 5 feet away or so . If you stood behind the line and hit the marble with your marble you got both. If you missed he got to keep yours.

Well I immediately saw the edge in this so I devised a plan where I put the marble in a very small divot and put a very small pebble in front of it. I then told everyone Id give two marbles if you hit mine. I eventually had so many marbles I was selling them for 10c each. At the end of the school year I had over $500 dollars.

My Grandparents owned a campground on a lake. I caught about 20 frogs one summer and held frog races with all the kids at the campground. The beauty of these races is I charged 25c to enter, 25c to "rent a frog" then I would hold a race when we reached 10 entrants. The winner would get 2 bucks and second would get 1 buck for a 2 dollar profit for me each race-which worked out to about 8 bucks an hour, not bad for an 8 year old.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome. reminds me of my brother-in-law, who around the same
age, used to earn a quarter a day or so for getting up early
and starting his neighbor's car for him on winter days so it
would heat up.