FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2007, 06:21 PM

Default 2/5 live bluff

San Manuel 2/5 game.

UTG blind raises $10
UTG +2 calls $10
folds to
Hero (Button) with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] raises to $45 with about 600 behind
UTG folds
UTG +2 calls $45 with about 700 behind
//at this point calling a blind raise and calling 45 my read he is pretty marginal or weak and i want to represent a big hand and put pressure on him; ive been playing pretty solid and agressively when i do play my pots and winning a few pots without showdowns and the one showdown i showed a floped set
Flop
10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG +2 checks
Hero bets 75
UTG +2 calls
//he calls pretty quick and this makes me think he has a pair and isnt strong enough to think about raising. i figure i still have to keep up the pressure and i will be profitable doing so.
Turn
2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG+2 checks
Hero bets 150
UTG+2 calls 150
// hero thinks briefly and calls again, at think point im pretty sure he has a pair of tens or possibly eights and isnt too comfortable with the size of the pot

River
9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG+2 checks
hero thinks and bets 300
UTG+2 briefly thinks and calls

UTG shows q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for a pair of tens queen kicker

//how is my line reasoning as far and should i have shut down on the turn? river? taken a free card on turn to hit a jack? or should i rep overs all the way down so i can get paid in that spot when i usually do. villian seemed somewhat reasonable from the 45 min i played with him.
I really hate the way he played his hand out of position. It seems to me hes playing in that spot hoping hes not up against AA-1010, QJ, A10, or hoping a hand like AK-AJ doesnt hit on him. I figure in this spot hes way behind 9 times out of 10 and im not sure how he made this hero call. maybe im missing something and you guys can enlighten me.

sorry about the hand history format

thanks
thedetriotkid