Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Rebluffing In Dangerous Spots

I'm not sure the best forum for this and it may be too much of a "you had to be there" hand to be interesting but I have been wondering about it.

This hand was played the day before the EPT started in London. The game is 10/10 PL at the Vic and very deep. I have 2500 and am the short stack at the table.

The villain is John Duthie who, if you have played with him, you will know is one of the alltime greatest maniacs and bluffaholics. He's already done about 7500 and rebought for 15000 more. The rest of the table is a mix of Vic regulars and people in town for the tournament.

My image, due primarily due to being completely card dead for a couple of hours is uber tight.

In the hand, I'm dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the button. There are four limpers, including Duthie (who is to my immediate right). I make it 75 to go on the button and everyone calls. So it is seven handed to the flop.

Flop (525): 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

It is checked to me and I check behind. [Criticize that if you want but it is not the point of the post.]

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

It gets checked to Duthie who bets 245, a bit less than half the pot. I am virtually certain he has absolutely nothing. He plays such a wide range of hands he could conceivably have the nuts but I don't think so.

So, the question is, do I make a move for this pot. To do it will take a raise of about half of my remaining stack. I've got five other people to act after me and Duthie is capable of pushing with nothing.

Should I go for it or not? How do you think about how best to approach this hand?